Thursday, August 5, 2010

bummer week

I've not felt well this week (migraine for two days) and I've been worried about my dog. Today she seems a little better but for the past two days she just lays in her kennel all day. She didn't even come out to greet me when I came home yesterday. She does not have a urinary tract infection nor are there any blood problems. We've increased the pheno dosage to one tablet twice daily. She is now on incontinence medication which is also twice per day. I hope these work for her. She still likes her cheese snacks with meds hidden inside.

We don't believe it's epilepsy although my vet tells me not to jump to conclusions. If it's not epilepsy I'm afraid it's something much worse like a brain tumor. She could just be having a lot of problems at the same time and they are not related, although I'm having a hard time believing that. We are still treating the symptoms, there is not much else to do.

6 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Big Hugs to ((YOU)).

Aunt Krissy said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that the weekend goes without any problems.

soulbrush said...

oh no oh no, doesn't sound too good at all. it is like having a mamber of the family who is ill. poor little doggie.

janice said...

So sorry to hear your doggie news Patty. This week two families I know lost their dogs. Very sad week.

Kellie said...

Poor Panda. Hope she gets better.

Caroline said...

oh dear - horrible having a migraine :( So sorry to read about your dog - hoping things improve.