Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Out and About

Here are a few more pics from my trip to Homer. There was Lupine lining the highway on either side most of the way once we got past Soldotna. It is so beautiful.
And a few dandelions. They are pretty too if you can get past the "weed" part.

This is looking out at Kachemak Bay from the East End Road - the views were amazing. We could see two glaciers across the bay in the mountains. The left is Portlock Glacier and on the right is Grewingle Glacier.

A young moose stood on the side of the road...he didn't like me taking his picture and trotted off.

8 comments:

tainterturtles said...

I love your photos PA! I bet you had a lot of fun on you trip.

You got pretty close to that young moose!

Oh by the way, Aunt Krissy looked pretty yesterday in her new blue & white outfit, but she wouldn't let me take a pic of her....bummer!!!!!

Aunt Krissy said...

I miss Alaska views. That moose looks young, all legs still.

Kellie said...

She looked gorgeous!! Nice legs on that gal!!

Great pictures!

crochet lady said...

Wonderful shots. I was thinking Ms. Moose has long legs too.

Becky from Alaska said...

Lupine is my favorite Alaskan wild flower! These are good pictures too, but the way:) By the way, I like the way YOU tell a story!

Margaret Ann said...

God's country is your home address...What beauty! The lupines wowzers! :)

Alicia said...

Who's got the nice legs?...are you talking about Krissy or the leggy moose? :)

Cathy said...

I do hope you do not get tired of me thanking you for sharing photos of the beauty and nature that surrounds you....I love it so.