Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Leaving Wisconsin

Tomorrow morning we are leaving Wisconsin.

While here I got to soak in the sunshine, smell cut grass and farm animals, shop in a "farm" store that sells everything from clothes to saddles, fencing, and groceries. I saw numerous deer, turkeys and more varieties of birds than I've seen in awhile. I enjoyed the scenery of rolling hills, planted fields, pine trees in rows, white picket fences, red barns, stone and brick buildings and so much more. It is so different than Alaska. I miss this part of America.

I'm not looking forward to going back to my job. One of my staff is out for the next two months so I'll be pulling double-duty. The new mayor will start soon and it's no secret that he thinks our utility should be sold or at least contracted out. My director may get replaced. There are possibly lots of changes coming soon. I don't mind change so much, I just hate waiting for it to happen.

I'm not old enough to retire, but that's what I want. I see my sister working 14 hours per week, basking in the sun, reading books, making soap and enjoying this weather and it's hard not to feel jealous. I want that too.

It's always hard going back to real life after a vacation.

I am looking forward to seeing our three dogs, sleeping in my own bed, using my own shower, driving my own car and seeing the rest of my family. I'm anxious to get back to writing my book, creating some new scherrenschnitte designs and perhaps painting a picture.

My life is good. Just need a little more sunshine and a little less work - it takes up too much time!

5 comments:

tainterturtles said...

I've done the same thing when going on vacation far from home. You think about the "what if's" but in reality, you really do miss your home.

I'm glad the weather here in WI was good for you, despite all the wind.

I bet you do miss your doggies. Have a safe trip home on Wednesday. Come back again ok?

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Have a safe trip back and like "Dorothy" say, "there's no place like home."

Love and hugs
China.

Brace yourself, you know the dogs are going to knock you over and lick you up and down (smile)

A Lady's Life said...

That's right Butterfly.
No place like home.
:)

Teri said...

I had to come over from Margarets Blog and I see you are leaving Wisconsin! Where are you? I am in the center of the state.

You made some beautiful art for Margaret!

K. said...

Glad your trip went well. A good vacation is one that you wish would extend, but one you're still happy to be back at home when it's over (that seems really grammatically incorrect, but I hope you get what I'm saying).

R and I joke about winning the lottery some day. Except we don't play the lottery, so there is something wrong with our plan...