Sunday, May 31, 2009

Out of it

I'm feeling a little bit "out of it". Probably because I haven't talked to my kids for a few days, haven't let my dogs go in and out and in and out, my church is having a missions auction today and I'm missing that, and I haven't been to work. All the things that I normally do are not being done. I think I could get used to that, but right now I'm wondering if payroll got picked up yesterday without any hitches, did my three contract amendments go out okay, did the check to the state get mailed as I requested, did Amy think to cover Maryann with a blanket if it's cold, etc.

Here I'm just along for the ride. Kris says, "let's go into town and get some nails" so we go do that. Tim says, "sweetie, hold this post for me" so I go do that. I'm not complaining, in fact, I'm having fun. I've been spending a lot of time sitting in a lawn chair in the beautiful sunshine watching my sweetie work. Not a bad view at all.

But, it still leaves me feeling like something isn't getting done. Like I should be doing more. I guess I just need to let go and relax...maybe I'll take the sketchbook outside with me next time I'm just relaxing in the lawnchair.

4 comments:

crochet lady said...

Good idea take your sketch book out. It is such a great day today. I wrote about my few moments of bliss out on the deck today on my poetry blog.

Cathy said...

Just take the time to smell those lovely lilacs....that should relax you tremendously too!

tainterturtles said...

Hummmm, I'm not sure Krissy will let you relax....she's kind of cracking the whip! What a slave driver.

I'm glad Ted and I got to see you guys today. Why was Krissy sitting in that chair while Tim was breaking a sweat!!!!

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Today Oprah had her favorite doctor on, Dr. Oz. He briefly talked about the size of the women's brain. The part that houses the "to do list" which is always active and bigger than the males (smile)

Love ya.
China