Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Content

The last several weeks have been very busy and stressful for me. I've felt several times like my mind is swimming with "to do" lists.

Today was another busy day at work, but at the end of the day when I went home I had a sense of satisfaction, of completeness, of knowing I've done the best I can. There's still more to do, but I've got a plan.

Sometimes all I need is a plan. A direction. A path. The hardest part in anything can sometimes be getting started. But once you're on the path, momentum takes over, and you can continue to cruise.

Training new staff? Exhausting, yet in a very small way I can see the light at the end of this tunnel. I think.

Tons of paperwork? Get through it one page at a time. The piles on my desk are definately getting smaller. Definately getting smaller. Definately. (say that like Rainman for full effect)

Bigger projects? Written down with a timeline so I don't forget I need to get them done by a certain date. Those are the biggest mind wasters - they keep rolling around in my head, demanding attention.

Overall? Great job. Good life. Content.

2 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

Sorry, but your living in dream land! It's going to hell in a handbasket fast! You're bearly able to keep a float!

What are little sisters for but to be a pest?

crochet lady said...

Now only a sister would write that loving comment Aunt Krissy.

Glad things are coming together at work. It's nice to feel satified at the end of a work day.