Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Apparently I'm Old

This picture has nothing to do with the post, but I took it just to show you that we are getting more daylight! This is 5:00 pm and I'm now driving home in the light!
I was getting gas at the Chevron station the other night and I messed up. I don't usually pay with debit, I usually prepay with cash. But because of our new tracking of finances this year, we are wanting to capture costs of fuel, so I'm now using the debit card. I put the nozzle in my tank and selected my fuel grade BEFORE swiping my debit card. It caused the fuel pump to start blinking out a message to me which required one of the nice young men from inside to come out and reset it for me.

It was cold and he was very nice, so I thanked him for coming out to help me out. And I apologized for not reading the information placard which very clearly stated that I should have swiped the card first. Here's where it gets kind of funny.

He replies "That's ok ma'am, we often have to come out and help the old people." I gave him a raised eyebrow look before I could stop myself and he hurridly added, "you know, the ones who can't get out of their cars or are handicapped."

Nice try at a quick save, young man! But I still feel OLD.

3 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

Poor Patty! You are old! Well, older then me!

tainterturtles said...

All I can say is grrrrr....slap, slap, slap! Those youngins, I'd like to show them what OLD really is. I hope you had a good laugh over that Patty.

Becky from Alaska said...

Why would a person say that!? That is the sort of slapstick, foot-in-your-mouth stuff you see in movies!! You should have hit him with your purse, Patty, that's how it plays out in the movies!