Monday, March 18, 2013

Time flies...

I can't believe it's been over a week since I blogged....been so busy with work, a surprise visit from a sister who lives out of state, and still getting over the sickies.  We can finally sleep through the night without coughing- whew!  What a relief!

I'm posting a picture for Cactus Monday even though I haven't participated in a while....plus I just wanted to show more pics of my grandchildren.  This is at the "arid garden" at Corpus Christi botanical gardens.

And, have you ever done something you really thought you would never do in your whole life?  Well I never in my wildest dreams would have thought I would attend a World League Wrestling event.  Yes, these are the ones where the men dress up in silly tights and outfits and have persona's and yell at each other and generally fake fight?  Turns out my niece in MO is dating an up and coming young World League Wrestler and he is just the nicest young man so we went to one of his shows.  There were probably only 20 people in attendance and I would say at least half of them were related to her in some way - our family shows support, even if it means going to a World League Wrestling event!  In the lime green shorts is Kris (The Wild Thing!) Wallace.  (they are blurry because it was so dark.)


                          

5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your Grands are darling. How convenient that they sat by a cactus for you. I would only go to a WWL match if a relative was participating too. Funny. I hope he won. You are a good relative. It is good to hear that you are finally getting over the ick. HCM.

Mim said...

Brave lady to go to the wrestling match!!! Glad you are feeling better

A Lady's Life said...

Oh we love wrestling and its fun to go to the WWF
Of course you have to know it's entertainment.
But at least it's nothing like the gladiators of the past where people died.
It's fun to watch grown up men behave like children.lol

Kellie said...

Those girls are such cuties!

Nope never went to one of those before.. Well did you like it?

soulbrush said...

I can't believe how big the girls are already, wow we are getting old!