Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Whiny Wednesday

I'm whiny. Monday was a very difficult day with closing out the bi-weekly payroll. I may have slipped out the word S**T once when a page full of data I had just entered disappeared after I hit delete instead of tab. Just trying to go too fast. My boss happened to be walking by and covered his ears and told me he could feel them burning. He's hilarious.

Then my husband decided to go to cabin for 1.5 week trip two days early which was last night. I usually do all the food shopping and packing up for him, but couldn't because I got home so late Monday evening. Fortunately my wonderful DIL was willing to go shopping for me during the day - she came by work and I gave her money and a list and it was all done when I got home. Son and DIL are going with him and they were all out in the driveway, ready to leave at 8:00pm when the "check engine" light came on in the truck.

So after all the frantic packing the trip was postponed. Sweetie is taking the truck in this morning to an auto center and may be leaving this morning if it's an easy fix and can get done quickly. Just the day before we had the front wheel bearings redone so were surprised this happened the day after it came home from the shop.

I really want to get back to working on my recycled art, but just feel like I haven't had any time to myself lately. The deadline is Sept 28 and it's not even close to being done. I tried the key design on white but didn't like it at all. So now I'm trying something else. It would probably go a lot quicker if I didn't change the direction each time I work on it.

Got to go. Shower is calling me. Happy Animal Wednesday even though I'm calling it Whiny!

3 comments:

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Everyone is entitled to a Whiny Day now and then. Its good to get it out. :))Dont over think the key thing. go with your first gut reaction on the Key Rooster. It looked pretty good on black.

A Lady's Life said...

I loved all you did so far
but I can understand you wanting to want something very special.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You are under a lot of pressure Patty. Take care of yourself. You deserve a whine now and then. Big Hugs.