Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ladies retreat


Our CCA Ladies Retreat starts tomorrow afternoon. I am in charge of providing some kind of craft activity and this is what I decided to do. The ladies will have options to either use pretty colored paper, pages from hymnals or create their own zentangle for the back of the glass pendant. I rather like the way they have turned out. I ended up using Aleenes Clear Gel Tacky Glue which seems to be working pretty well. I used a nail file to clean up the edges from leftover glue (thanks Mim for the great idea!) and I figured out a little contraption to set up my blow dryer so I can dry the glue faster than leaving overnight. I think I can handle 10 ladies at a time and show them this simple, yet elegant idea for making jewelry.

7 comments:

A Lady's Life said...

Very pretty and a somewhat personal something a person could wear.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a great idea. I am sure the ladies will love it.

crochet lady said...

Very nice Patty!

Lisa said...

I love it.

tainterturtles said...

I want one!!!!! Very nice.

studio lolo said...

oooooh, I see an Etsy shop in your future ;)

janice said...

Wonderful! You are so creative Patty!!!!!! You and Alicia should make and sell them at a Christmas Bazaar.. I would buy several for gifts. :))