Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Sketching


Today I sketched a newcomer - she was sitting a few rows in front of me and her hair was braided very prettily....I'm not sure that's a word, but I like braids.

I've been looking for a young dog at all the rescue groups in town...I found a pair of female puppies in Kenai that fit all my requirements and was planning to drive down Saturday morning to look at them and pick one, when Friday evening they completely came off the adoption website. I don't know what happened, if they both got adopted that day or what, but I ended up not making the 3 hr drive to Kenai to look.

Now there is a litter of 6 husky pups whose owner is trying to find a home for a few. They are bred for skijoring/sprint racing so I'm guessing they're more husky than anything. Some are black and white and one is black with gray speckles. I called about them, and may be looking at them soon. They are in Palmer (2-hrs north) so it's a bit of a drive to go check them out. It will probably have to wait until next Saturday if they are still available. I'll let you know if and when it happens!

5 comments:

A Lady's Life said...

Well for up where you live huskies are good to have. They like the cold weather and are very good protectors.
Good Luck!

Teri said...

Beautiful job on her hair and braid!!!

Good luck on the dog hunt.

Aunt Krissy said...

No Patty! Just say no to more dogs!

Alicia said...

Now Palmer, I could drive with you. Cause thats only 60 miles or so. Kenai was a bit far especially with the new snow. I went skijouring a coule times. It was really fun!

janice said...

2 hours to drive to Palmer??? And my family thinks I drive slow!