Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday sketching


Today I wasn't sitting in a good spot to sketch anybody so I sketched my sister's foot. She was sitting right next to me and accommodated my request to put her foot in this position so I could draw it easier. Then her leg got tired and she had to move.....models! You just can't get them to hold still!

I had a very good day at my book signing yesterday. Costco had a case of my books (40 in a case) and I sold 37 of them. Plus 10 of my older book Song of the Raven. In the last few minutes a lady started talking to me, she and her husband have just bought a sailboat in California and are flying down to sail it to Alaska. She was so interested in our trip and wants to get together with me and hear all about sailing. She was really nice too, so I'm looking forward to meeting up with her. That visit made the whole day worthwhile.

6 comments:

Kellie said...

Nice toes...

I'm glad to hear your book signing went well. How fun to visit with the gal who just got a boat.

Is your weather still nice?

Alicia said...

good thing I had just clipped and polished my little tootsies...Hey Krissy...do you miss queezing my footies? They sure miss you!

SandyAlaska said...

WOW ! Patty ... your book sales were so good. How long was the Costco book signing? A couple of hours? Anyone come from your near or far past? Where and when is the next book signing?

You know you can order shoes on line. I order them for me and did the same for P dot. As he was loudly complaining about my buying shoes on line, he stepped into one of the shoes and stopped mid-sentence complaining and sighed. I ordered three pairs and he kept two. Internet shoe stores are paying for the shipping both ways.. if you have to ship both ways... BUT on line shopping does take more advance notice than 24 hours !

It's so nice you've been able to extend the adventure of Carina in your life once again. Bestest...

S dot

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I like your sketch. I am thrilled that your book signing went so well.

Margaret Ann said...

Great little sketch...Nice to see people wearing sandals in your neck of the woods...:)

Congrats on your Costco sale and your new acquaintance...Good things usually are born out of serendipity...:)

Lynn Cohen said...

Love hearing about the connection you made with the nubee sailor lady.
Good drawing too!
The check is in the mail! ;-)