Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Sketching


Today I sketched this woman who normally sits in the front row on the right hand side. Today she sat in front of me and my sister and even turned around and SHHHSSSHd me very noisily because I was talking to another lady - it was just at the end of the "meet and greet" time so I didn't feel like I was making that much noise. I had a few feelings of irritation and then I reminded myself that I was in church and that I should just forgive her. That's what it's all about after all. So I did, and then I drew a nice picture of her. Her coat was kind of bulky and she had the collar tucked up high around her neck.

PS I could see it snowing while we were in church, it had stopped by the time church was over though and none of it stuck. Spring still seems too far off for me!

6 comments:

Cate said...

what a fantastic sketch! do you bring along a sketchbook or just sketch on your church program?

xoxo

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am proud of you for not putting horns on this woman's head. ;) Love the header photo too.

Aunt Krissy said...

You got shhhsssssed?! Snow? what is snow?

tainterturtles said...

Come on admit it....you did a second sketch with horns and claws! Sorry you got shhhhhhed today.

I loved the detail in her hair.

PAK ART said...

Cat - I used to bring a sketchbook but I got caught, so now am just sketching on the bulletin which often has inserts with writing only on one side. I'm still bringing a little container of pens/pencils, sharpener and my eraser.

crochet lady said...

Nice sketch. Snow...poor you. Hope spring comes soon.