Monday, September 7, 2009

Waiting

I went to the cabin this Labor Day weekend. Sweetie has been up there a week by himself, so I took the dogs up and we joined him for 2 days. I took this picture of Mt. McKinley from Petersville Road. I never get tired of looking at it.

I ended up being busy almost the whole time so I didn't get any sketching done. I'm frustrated with myself because I don't think I've drawn anything in over a week. It just seems like I don't have time and I don't know if I'm not making time, or if I've just been busy and preoccupied with other stuff.

My grandbaby still hasn't arrived although a C-section is scheduled for tomorrow. Poor Katie has been having contractions off and on for 4 days and is dissapointed that she may not be able to have natural birth. Yet at the same time she's ready for this baby to be born.

Question: What happens when a muddy dog shakes inside your car in the front seat while you are in the store getting a pepsi? And this after the dogs were all told specifically to STAY in the backseat.

Answer: This.

8 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your poor Katie. I wish her and the baby good health. I hope all goes well.

Darn that dog for acting like a dog just when you don't want it to. You definitely need water at your cabin so you can hose them down before they get into the car.

I would never tire of seeing Mt McKinley either.

Kellie said...

Rotten dog! Looks like you will be busy cleaning that up.

Good luck to Katie today. Does she know what the baby will be? I don't remember you ever saying.

PAK ART said...

It's a girl. They've already picked a name too, but I'll wait until she's named it before I say anything because it's changed a few times over the last month.

Teri said...

Happy and healthy thoughts for the Mom and baby.
LOVE that photo of Mt. M.

Yup, you need water up there.

Aunt Krissy said...

As if they knew "stay" that's funny that you even thought that!

crochet lady said...

Hope everything goes well for Katie.
Ick, mud, mud everywhere.

Becky from Alaska said...

That is a great picture of McKinley!

tainterturtles said...

"Bad doggies."!!!!!! That's what I'd say, hee, hee.

Wow, it's a girl. How exciting Patty. I hope everything went well. Congratulations grandma Patty!