Monday, June 15, 2009

Too much tv

So on Sunday we decided to go "look" at the HD TV's for sale at our local Fred Myer store. We know the electronics manager. He had told Tim the day before that they had some really good sales on TV's. We found the TV we wanted for 30% off so decided to buy it. But the one on display was the last one in the store so he sold it to us for an additional 20% off. Then he reminded us to use the $30 off store coupon (which Tim had to run to the front of the store to get). We ended up paying 50% off the original price minus the $30 coupon. Not a bad deal for "just looking".

We got home and after reading the directions, scanned for all the channels and voila! We have about 6 more channels than we used to. We don't have cable so that was kind of a bonus deal....two of them are religious programming, one is our municipal government coverage, one is all Spanish, one is a sports channel and the last shows old programs like MASH and Little House on the Priarie. It turns out we have more TV than we know what to do with.

I can already see this is going to be a problem. Tim LOVES old movies and shows like Andy Griffith so he may be watching entirely too much TV. I'll have to figure out how to "lock" certain channels.

6 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

I don't know about locking the TV but unplugging it might work. And really, its there ever too much TV?

tainterturtles said...

Oh boy, I know what's going to happen!!!!! TV is tempting. Glad you finally got a new HD TV.

crochet lady said...

That was a good deal on your TV. I like old shows too, but get sick of them if I watch too much, maybe that will happen for you guys too.

Cathy said...

I consider this an ill fare too.My husband hates commercials so I can witness all the channels in one sitting if I make it that long! So many other things to do, however, I will watch a good movie with him.....with my knitting along of course. We watched "Flyboys" last night. It was entertaining....and the best part....no commercials!

K. said...

Good deal on the TV!

We don't have cable either, so when we got the converter box and found out we had a few more channels (two of them being weather channels), it was fun for the first five minutes. Until during channel surfing all we ever found was infomercials. Actually, one of the PBS stations shows mostly cooking/travel/garden shows. I like that channel!

PAK ART said...

K. I forgot, I have noticed a lot of infomercials....I'm not remembering now which station, but it might be the oldies one.