Sunday, April 5, 2009

Family Lunch

This post is really intended for Kris - the rest of you may find it boring.

Kris moved from Alaska to Wisconsin last April. One of the things Kris and I used to do together when she lived here was go to lunch. I'm a fairly domestic eater, not that interested in food from other cultures. Kris however, has a taste for the exotic. Anchorage has a very diverse culture so we have Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Sushi, Italian, Middle Eastern, Greek, Mexican, Caribbean types of cuisine as well as the normal pizza, hamburger joints and bistros. It turns out that Wisconsin is not so diverse. They have very little to choose from outside of pizza and burgers. Kris has been missing all the good stuff!
One of our favorite places was the Southside Bistro where we get the Scandinavian Shrimp Sandwich and Roasted Tomato w/garlic soup. On Saturday, my mom, sisters Alicia and Kathy (with Kathy's son JoJo) and I went to the Southside Bistro for lunch. I took pictures for Kris.

Here's Alicia - she got her hair cut.

Here's Mom - she ordered the grilled turkey sandwich but wished she had gotten what Alicia and I got.
Here's Kathy and JoJo. Kathy got the Ceasar Salad and JoJo had a hamburger. Boring.
Alicia and I both got the Scandinavian Shrimp Sandwich. YUM! And we purchased two desserts for all of us to share. Creme Brulee (my favorite) and Chocolate Decadance (Alicia's favorite).
Here's me! I MISS YOU KRIS!

7 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

Why why why did you go to SSB? What not that crapy bagle place on Northren lights that we used to go to?! I know that you all had fun without me and going to SSb just rubs my nose in it. I could really go for a shrimp sandwich. Was the bread chewy? the shrimp yummy and tender?
I like Alicia's new hair do. Mine is shorter.

PAK ART said...

I didn't mean to rub your nose in it. I meant to share our experience with you...yes, the shrimp was delicious, but there was an area of my bread that seemed a bit soggy. There. Now are you happy? It wasn't perfect.

tainterturtles said...

That's what I love about blogs! All your pictures and your lunch description was great. I almost felt like I was right there.

Kris is lucky to have a sister that is blogging too. No one else in my family blogs, so I feel kind of lonely.

A Lady's Life said...

the dishes look tasty. And you ladies look great!!

crochet lady said...

Sounds like you all had a nice time. The food looks great.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Boring or not Happy Monday night. Going to check in on all my blog buddies.

Love, peace and blessings for a great night's sleep!

Margaret Ann said...

What a very sweet post...and in more ways than one LOL :)...great photos...and those desserts!!!! O M G!!!!!