Sunday, January 11, 2009

If I just close my eyes....

Have you ever had a dog not look at you?

"Go outside and go potty!" The dog looks away. If she can't see you maybe you can't see her so maybe what you said didn't get said.
"Maryann - go kennel up." Again, look away. Can't see you, can't hear you.
"Do you want a treat?" Eyes open! Ears perk up! "Yes, Yes, I want a treat!"


Go get in your kennel." Rats! They tricked me again! That's not fair! People have all the power!

I've probably lost D. as a reader - three dog posts in a row. It's just not fittin'.
It's because it is just too cold outside to be traipsing around taking pictures and besides, it's dark when I go to work and dark when I get home.
Travis and Becky leave tomorrow so we spent all day at their house having Japanese dinner. They are going to Japan for the summer on an internship. Their long-term goal is to do mission work in Japan. I'll miss them - it was fun having them here for a month.

4 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

so what did you have for dinner?

crochet lady said...

The old selective hearing trick, my puppy pulls that sometimes too.

tainterturtles said...

Wow, cats do the same thing!!!! Sometimes our animals just "tune" us out. Maryann does have a cute face however! How could you ever be mad at her?

PAK ART said...

Gudon Beef (marinated beef strips over rice...yummy), pot stickers, broccoli and noodles, and stir fry vegies. All very good. I wasn't feeling well though - had a headache so i didn't eat as much as I wanted to.