Sunday, December 21, 2008


Today was the big day of my musical debut. I'm pleased to announce that I did just fine, didn't trip going up or down the stairs on the stage, didn't start singing too early, didn't flub my lines, and (I think) looked calm and like I was enjoying myself. I really was. I had some nervousness, but not too bad. Once I got up there it was easier than I thought. I'm still not ready for a solo, but singing with other people wasn't so bad.

Today we had planned to vacuum, do laundry, clear off the table, put up the Christmas Tree, set up the bed in the spare room and pack some junk away so there's more room. Guess what we did? Ate popcorn and watched movies.

I just felt wore out from my past week and all the stress and worry of getting everything done. Tomorrow after work I have to get it all done though. I'm better in crisis-mode with a deadline than when I have lots of time. Then I lollygag around too much and don't get anything done.

Katie called - they are getting ready to leave. Their dog sitter backed out at the last moment so they were trying to find someone willing to watch Kenai the dachshund while they're gone.

Follow up on previous posts:

My inlaws got their package from Fed Ex. However, Fed Ex called them and made them drive to another city to come pick it up. I called the company and complained. They refunded almost half my cost. I should send it to J & J, they are the ones who incurred the extra gas, mileage and time to get their package. But I'm not - that would mean more lines. Sorry, I only have so much niceness in me.

Current sent me a "postage paid" label to ship the box (that had come to me in error) back to them. I'm glad I didn't have to wait in long postal lines. I just slapped the sticker on, set it on the postal counter and waved Ta Ta to all the rest of them in line.
The picture above is one of the flowers from Travis & Becky's wedding - I felt like a sunny and warm picture today. Today was the shortest day of the year, with only 5 hours 21 minutes of daylight here in Anchorage.


Aunt Krissy said...

I thought that Fed-x takes it right to your door? I'm glad that you didnt flub your singing!

tainterturtles said...

I'm glad everything went out ok...isn't that a relief!

You know I think that was good to just relax and "veg out." Don't worry, all the other stuff will get done.

crochet lady said...

Thanks for the flower pic I really love gerbera daisys, such a sunny reminder on a cold day! Glad you singing went well and you enjoyed it.