Monday, December 22, 2008

Bummer

My daughter called and is stuck in Atlanta, GA. They were supposed to be arriving here tonight, but are now not able to come until Christmas Day - There were absolutely no more flights out of Atlanta until then. Pray for no more snow storms, no more airports closed and no more missed flights. I was very sad earlier, but am now resigned. Hopefully they will be able to extend their stay here for a day or two.

Our dryer broke too. It's been that way for a few days. Today we bought a used one for $100 and had Travis help Tim move it in. It's working. I dried a load of clothes. It's squeeking too (which is what the old one was doing) so hope it lasts long enough to be worth the $100.

4 comments:

tainterturtles said...

That is a bummer Patty. I just heard on the morning news that tons of people are stranded at airports. I'll say a prayer for your daughter. Keep your chin up.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that Patty!
Who ended up watching their dog?

PAK ART said...

I think the upstairs neighbor got stuck with Kenai. I forgot to ask her, was more concerned about the flight plans. I'm really, really glad they didn't bring the dog along, that would have been a nightmare with flying standby and staying in hotels.

crochet lady said...

Sorry, hope your daughter will be able to make it home on Christmas with out any more delays.