Sunday, October 5, 2008

Solid Rock

The Solid Rock Bible Camp in Soldotna, Alaska is host to many different types of camps. They have week long Bible camps in summer, wagon wheel camps where kids learn about horse care and riding, in the winter we have our teens winter retreat there and they also host several ladies retreats in the fall. This rock is on the property next to Miracle Lake.

The retreat theme was "For Such a Time as This" based on the story of Esther. She became Queen against all odds for "such as time as this" to save her people from being annihilated. It was a good message, who knows why we are where we are at any given time in our lives, but perhaps we are placed there by God for a specific reason.
I stayed home from church today to try and recuperate. If I feel this way tomorrow, I won't be going to work. We'll see what a good night's sleep does.

3 comments:

grnqrtr said...

I hope you feel better mommy! I finally got all caught up on reading your blog. I found myself laughing several times. I love you.

Aunt Krissy said...

Travis, are you reading your Auntie's blog! you better if you want to remain on the inheritance list!

tainterturtles said...

Do you like tea? When I'm sick I drink LOTS of tea with honey. Hope you feel better soon. Nice to see Travis checking in on mom's blog...Hi Trav!!!