Friday, September 26, 2008

A blanket of Snow


This is Mt. Susitna, commonly referred to as Sleeping Lady. She is now covered in her first blanket of snow to keep her warm all winter.
We've got our Great Niece (my niece's daughter) staying with us for the weekend. She is 4, going to be 5 next month. She has already told me that Uncle Tim is like a silly toy. And that sometimes I can buy her toys if I want to. And she specified that she would like hotdogs, peas and mashed potatos for dinner (because she likes to mix them), but then didn't want the hot dog. I don't care, I'm not crazy about hotdogs either and our dogs will eat the leftovers.
Tomorrow we are going to see if JoJo (my nephew) will join us to go to the zoo, Imaginarium (a science center for kids), a movie and possibly Chuck E. Cheese. Sounds like a very full day for me! We might not get it all done, but my goal is to keep her so busy that she doesn't have time to feel homesick or sad. Tim has to work so he will miss all the fun.

1 comment:

Aunt Krissy said...

Wow! you are going to have a very full day, I feel the head ache comming on alrady!