Sunday, September 22, 2013

Watercolor class again

My two friends and I got together for another basic watercolor lesson from the book "We're all Artists, Watercolor for Everyone" by Teresa Ascone.  

Here are the three together - Johnna was very unhappy with her tree on the far right so she made me promise not to post it, so I'm compromising because I thought she did a great job on the mountains shadows.  She later lifted most of the paint from the tree and repainted it and is much happier with it now.

Jean's is on the left, mine in the middle and Johnna's on the right.  I've painted this same lesson twice in the past so I have a little advantage over them.  This is only Johnna's second time painting and Jean has only been practicing for about 4 weeks.  It is so fun watching them get all excited about creating a painting that they feel proud of.

7 comments:

A Lady's Life said...

great job gals

Kellie said...

They are great! Sure makes me want to take an art class. I took an oil class when I was a kid and loved it, wonder if there are any around here.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. I like all three, errr two and a half paintings. :)

Cris, Oregon Artist said...

OK Lisa stole my comment. lol
Anyway, good for you three getting together to paint. Keep up the good work.

Marj said...

41Great watercolors...I was able to go on Amazon and get a copy of that book, so now I will try a few of those lessons right here in Michigan :-) I think it is "out of print" but I was able to get a used one that didn't ever look like it had been out of the package--and I paid about what the book cost originally. :-)

Mim said...

i am beyond impressed!!!

Anonymous said...

What fun to see your work! I happened across these images and I'm thrilled you are using my book!
Best Regards,
Teresa Ascone
www.teresaascone.com