Friday, January 18, 2013

Thank Goodness!

Yesterday was the close of my workplace's 13th month!  I got the majority of invoices entered by all the deadlines.  It was touch and go for awhile - I was having to track invoices down, call people to find out where things were, check and double check to make sure things weren't being paid twice....it was all chaos that finally came together.

Then, I came home and bought tickets and reserved a hotel for Corpus Christi in a month.  I get to go see my daughter and her family!  I haven't seen my grandchildren in over a year and it's about time!  I've got three; Emily, Hailey and Aiden.  Aiden will not remember me, he is only one.  But the two girls will remember me and we will have so much fun together!  I can hardly wait!

After that long cold snap we had here (when my car broke down) it warmed up to temps in the high 40's and even above 50 on a few days.  Snow melted, roads got yucky and it turned GRAY.  Then for the past two days we've had snow and lot's of it!  We got about 8-10 inches where we live.  It is beautiful again!  Temps are back down though - it's only 3 degrees this morning, brrrrrrr.

Still no art forthcoming from this girl.  Although now that I've gotten through the worst of year-end at work, my right brain may be able to give some time over to my left brain and I can be creative once more.  I've got a three-day weekend coming up and I'm planning lots of fun things....hair cut, movie (The Hobbitt), some drawing and some painting and maybe even a little paper-cutting thrown in for good measure.

By the way, I'm noticing blogger is underlining certain words in my text and then providing links to advertisements that I did NOT specify.  I do not like that Blogger is assuming for me what links to advertise, or even that I want to advertise.....that chaps my hide.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Hey mom, Can't wait to see you!!! I love you!

Cris, Oregon Artist said...

I don't see any advertising here. Glad you got thru the year end mess and can breathe again. Nice you have things to look forward to. I am sure you will get your mojo back now. Maybe a little drawing of the Grandkids when you get there. :)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Great that you have the year-end monster tamed. I think blogger tries to trick people into advertising. I bet you can't wait to see those youngins. It will be fun...and warmer in CC.

Kellie said...

Corpus Christi!! Take me, take me!! I wanna go!

I don't see any weirdo advertising at all either?