Tuesday, October 9, 2012

More Campbell Creek flooding

On Saturday, we took a walk to Campbell creek to see how the flooding was coming along.  Still flooded!  This section over the bike trail, just after crossing a bridge over the real creek, was about three inches at the deepest.  Tim walked over it, but I didn't want to get my feet soaking wet.  It's still cold and rainy - I'm almost hoping for freezing temps so the ground will harden and the dogs will quit tracking mud into the house.  It has been the rainiest summer I can remember in a l-o-n-g time (and I'm getting old so I have lots of summer memories!)  



I checked the weather bureau for some historical stats...Anchorage this summer had the 4th rainiest summer since they've been keeping records.  The HIGH in July was only 56 degrees and the average temperature for July (usually our warmest month) was only 52.7 degrees although we did have some warmer days in June.   Last winter was the record highest snowfall so I think we are in some kind of heavy precipitation funk. For those of you who believe in global warming, please come visit me in Alaska and see if you still believe!  

Hopefully I'll be able to return to some artwork soon.  I got inspired on Sunday and actually cleaned my art room, which left me some clear space on my easel and table....hopefully that will prompt me to get something going!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Yeah you guys have sure had the wet, be it rain or snow, this last year. We could sure use some of that down here. Think we are six inches short of rain/snow/moisture of any kind for the year - so far.

A Lady's Life said...

I wish I had an art room to work from. The best is if you have a balcony to get the best of both worlds. Natural sunlight and a view as well as warmth from the home.
We usually have a lot of rain but so far it's been dry with just a few sprinkles. I'm not complaining cause probably once it begins it will be awful again.