Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Zentangles

So I've been a little busy lately.  Lots of work - I do have a new employee who I am training and my other employee will return on Monday.  Hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

We have been seeing high winds and rain for the past couple weeks.  There are high wind warnings until 10:00pm tonight - our one shaky tree already blew over so I'm not overly concerned about losing any more trees.  The rain is severe though.  There are flood warnings in several areas (not in my area) but my husband is up at our cabin and there are some flooding issues near where he is.  I'm a little concerned that the road could get washed out.  I guess I'll find out if he can't get home this weekend!  He's warm and safe inside the cabin so again, not really worried, just feeling a little sorry for him.

I've been trying to make time for some zentangling during my lunch breaks.  It's an art form that is easy to stop and go.  I did these three over the past week.  

I'm sorry I haven't been around to visit much lately - I have been checking blogs very quickly but haven't had much time to sit down and write.  Thanks for keeping up with me though!  I really appreciate all of you - you help to inspire me to keep squeezing in a little art when I get the chance.  

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Will they become bookmarks?

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I was thinking about you when the National News mentioned that Anchorage was having flash flood issues due to all the rain. I was hoping you and yours were safe.

Love the tangles. Especially the one in the middle.

Don't work too hard.

Teri said...

All three are just gorgeous! So happy that you are taking some time for art.
Stay dry.

Kellie said...

Those are the best zentalges ever!

You guys have been having some crazy weather lately. Hope your hubby can make it home saftely.

Anonymous said...

Very nice art !!
we have had lots of rain, but not the winds you have had. Is hubby moose hunting? hope he is safe.

Have a great day.
Rose

Marj said...

Patty, I saw your request on my blog. I just went to Google and typed in..... "Making Accordian-folded Booklets"..... and a bunch of websites came up. Take a look. Me doing a tutorial--I don't think so :-(
I used Aquarius ll watercolor paper to make mine (which i get from the Daniel Smith Catalog.)

Thanks for all your compliments--I always love all your posts! Marj. Mayes

Marj said...

BTW, I tried to send an email to the email address on your blog and it came back twice???? Marj. M.

A Lady's Life said...

I hope the floods are not too bad. They are pretty scary when they happen.
I love your zentangles. You have such great ideas.