Thursday, July 12, 2012

Feeling groovy

It's been a good week.  Thank you all for your well wishes and encouragement!  I've been home from work recuperating from my surgery.  Saturday and Sunday were not great but I've been getting better every day since.  I can sleep on my left, right and on my back.  Stomach is still a little sore, but I don't need to sleep on my stomach.  I have just minor pain when I cough, yawn or burp (which I seem to do a lot) and when I twist or move my middle too quickly like when getting up from a sit or laying down.  

So what wonderful things have I done with a full week to myself?   I'm ashamed to say, not much.  I really have been resting and recuperating.  I have watched three movies; Pride and Prejudice (which is 5 hours long), Mulan (yes, the Disney kid movie) and then The Help.  I had read the book several months ago, and finally got around to renting the movie.  I've also watched countless hours of mindless TV (why does anybody watch Steve Wilko or Maury Pauvich?).  I've read one book called Same Kind of Different as Me which is the story of a homeless black man and a rich white man who become best of friends - it's a true story and made me cry.  

I feel like I should have created a masterpiece or written a book!  I've had so much free time!  But I did do what the doctor advised; rest and recuperate and with that I've been successful!



8 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better Patty. It will take awhile to recoop. Just give yourself the time and don't feel guilty about not "doing" something. You are doing something very important...recooping. Isn't daytime tv bad?? Heck almost all tv is bad. ha...

soulbrush said...

whew so glad it is all improving, enjoy the time off work!

Marj said...

Glad you are getting better--remembering you along the way :-)
Read both of those books! Great stuff. Keep resting and your Art will come along..... Marj.

Mim said...

You have to do those mindless things to recuperate! Mindless TV has therapeutic effects I'm convinced. Since your brain isn't working, your body uses its energy to heal.

Glad you are feeling better!

Kellie said...

Glad you are feeling better Patty :)

A Lady's Life said...

Oh you hard working gals who never seem to be able to slow down without feeling guilty.
I used to be like that and eventually
I stopped to think about it and being super woman is not the answer.
You need balance in life.
Right now you need to rest, spoil yourself a bit and the word lazy should never enter your mind.
Your day and time will come and you will create a master piece lol
:)

Kim Henkel Creations said...

Healing takes time... remember to be gentle with your self.

tainterturtles said...

Yikes, I hope you can get some good rest all week. You must have been in a lot of pain. I'm glad that's beyond you now and every day will just get better.