Thursday, December 29, 2011

butter dish

This is a gift I made for Christmas giving. It's a butter dish for my daughter-in-law's sister. She is just like a DIL to me although she's not married to a son of mine. I'll still keep her. She has the same dish set that I got for Christmas last year. I know the set didn't come with butter dishes and other pieces so I decided to make one for her. There is a ceramic shop in one of the malls where you can pick a piece of greenware, paint it and then they fire it in the kiln. I've done a few pieces there and really have enjoyed it.

Here's my little custard dish alongside the butter dish. I was trying to match this pattern and color.Here's her completed dish. I think it turned out nicely and she seemed to love it. (Don't pay any attention to the 1970's burnt orange counter tops)
It's been a busy time at work for me. Year end is always hard since I oversee payroll and accounts payable. There is a lot to get finalized, closed out and put away. I come home each day just feeling exhausted. I haven't been around much, but will try to get around to all my friends in a week or so. Although EOY is right around the corner, next Ill be dealing with the 13th month, the last chance to finish up all the 2011 financials.

9 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

What a clever thing to do for your SIL (not really but almost) LOL
I love the ceramic dishes and how cool that they match your sets.
YOu are a sweetie to do this. I hope you said you made one for yourself too.

May the work load not be too heavy as the year comes to and end.

See you here in 2012. Thanks for being a frequent visitor to my blog!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Patty, this butter dish is great. I wish we had a place like that around here. What fun to make something useful for people.
Don't work too hard.

A Lady's Life said...

Oh I love to do things like this I should move by your house :)

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Lovely gift.. something you painted yourself. From the heart. I have enjoyed your visits to my blog this year amd my visits here. Wishing you more Art filled days in 2012.

Marj said...

What a creative gift! and handmade too. Also enjoy blogging back and forth with you.
As it says inside my Christmas Card, "God bless you again, and again, and again throughout the New Year.....Marj.

soulbrush said...

They are beeootiful. Have a happy and healthy and creative 2012!

A Lady's Life said...

Happy New Year Pak art

marianne said...

What a lovely gift you made! How cool you can buy this and bring it back painted and they fire it for you. Wish I had something like that here.
When I was young I did a corse on painting Delft Blue. It isn't really easy I know so yours turned out so pretty!
And yes some people are family and some just become family.

I have been busy too and after X mas i went on a trip. Hope to be visiting everyone more regularly from now on again.

Happy New Year to you♥

marianne said...

Ps lovely Christmas story about your best gift ever Patty. I enjoyed it. I commented but it disappeared.
♥M