Thursday, November 17, 2011

Watercolor practice

Besides feeding birds and reading books, I also spent a little time with my watercolors. This is a study in negative painting. I did a few of them but this is my favorite. I rather like monotone.

This is the cabin you can see out my other side window, but only in the winter. In the summer, trees block the view. Another monotone (there is actually some color in this one, but my scanner made it grayscale and I think I like it better that way.)

My sister Alicia and I have had discussions before about the proper spelling of the word "practise" or "practice". See this link - they can both be correct depending on the use in a sentence, whether noun or verb. I did not know that, I thought I just had trouble spelling that word.

5 comments:

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Interesting paintings. I like. Glad you had time to experiment. I did not know about the two ways to spell Practice. I just type and hope spell check catches my boo boos. :))My spell checks corrects it to C if I spell it with an S tho.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I like these monotones. The blue one looks cold. brrr. I think advise and advice is the same way.

A Lady's Life said...

well you've been busy. Very nice!

weepingwillow said...

Alicia is a troublemaker! but we love her anyway.

Marj said...

I love your monotones...why do they call them that? they are so pretty!
Love it when you post your watercolors (or anything).