Saturday, April 9, 2011

We had a sleepless night last night. Sweetie often has insomnia; his mind gets to racing and he can't shut it down. I, however, can fall asleep within 10 seconds of putting on my C-pap mask. It's wonderful for me but I sometimes feel guilty knowing he can't sleep. But it ceases to bother me as soon as I my eyes close.
View from the trail
I saw a moose down this trail and turned around. The dogs were oblivious.
Taz enjoying the great outdoors.
He finally fell asleep at 4:30 am but we both slept fitfully until finally getting up at 8:30. We did a few errands and then I decided to take the dogs for a nice long walk. Our temps were above 40 degrees and it felt very spring like today. I saw a moose, an eagle, several magpies, and 3 ducks.

We went to Conner's Lake bog which is a municipal dog park where pets are allowed to run around off-leash. This was Taz's first time meeting strangers and other dogs and although she was a little jumpy she did pretty well. Roxy has never met a stranger and enjoyed romping with all the other dogs and getting petted by all the owners. She will never make a good watchdog, but I'm hoping Taz might.

4 comments:

A Lady's Life said...

How can you not love living out there Its so beautiful.
And dogs mature at 4 years of age and you be surprised how they know the routine and when something is not right.
Just thank God they are good dogs.
Enjoy sweetie:)

crochet lady said...

Sounds like a nice day out. Spring is on the way. Right now we are having a hail storm with golf ball size hail. Crazy...

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a fun day for you and the dogs. It is looking like spring there with the melting snow.

studio lolo said...

My husband has sleep issues too. We found an over-the-counter sleep aid which helps. It's something our body makes anyway so you can't overdo it! It's not melatonin, it's called Quietude. If you can't find it at a store near you, Amazon has it :)
The other thing that halps (believe it or not) is to take a deep breath, hold it for a few seconds and slowly let it out. Repeat 2 more times (while lying on your back.)

It really is starting to look a bit more spring like there! Your lucky to spot such magnificent creatures in the wild.
yesterday we went to the zoo here. I hadn't been in 20 years. They had a male and female bald eagle in an open pen! And then my husband found the sign explaining why. They were both found with broken wings, most likely man-inflicted wounds. Instead of euthanizing them, a wildlife organization repaired their wings surgically but they'll never be able to fly. I have to tell you I think they should have been euthanized, and I don't say that lightly. But to see them just sit there and not be able to do what they were born to do seems wrong to me. The one lying on the ground broke my heart. I'll post a bunch of animal photos on Wed, including them.

Happy Monday Patty!