Saturday, February 12, 2011

Snowzilla


This is me and my new friend Snowzilla. There's a man in Anchorage who has been creating this gigantic snowman every year and every year there is a big fight with the city telling him he can't do it, and then he goes and does it anyways. (one year it appeared overnight so his family and friends must have worked all night on it) It's kind of humorous and always gets lots of letters to the editor....people who think we should have the freedom to make a gigantic snowman in your yard if you want, and people who think it's a nuisance and could fall and cause damage and the city who calls it an "eyesore". Regardless of what everyone thinks, I went and had my picture taken by it. I'm on the side of the homeowner who can make a gigantic snowman in his yard if he wants to.

By the way, I cropped the rest of his yard out of the picture. It is an eyesore and probably why some of his neighbors protest the building of the snowman every year. Plus I guess it creates traffic issues on his street which the neighbors don't like either.

8 comments:

Teri said...

Yikes, that is one gigantic snowman!! I'm with you, he should be able to do what he wants in his own yard.

Aunt Krissy said...

I miss the giant snowman!

marianne said...

You live in a free country! That what I always hear so ......
I like it!!!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Funny that a big snowman can cause all this ruckus. I could think of worse things in a garden. My gosh I wonder how they pile that snow so high?

tainterturtles said...

Well, I love the giant snowman. You can't help but smile when you see that big boy!

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Oh thats a hoot. what spoil sports not liking that. How do they get it that big and tall?

studio lolo said...

Life is really short folks. Pick your battles! Is this snowman really worth the anger? Sometimes I think it's just a power trip by some folks. It's certainly EGO driven!

Good for you patty. I think this is one jolly snowman. As for the mess in his yard year round, well, maybe they could encourage him or help him to clean it up.

:)

Unknown said...

I love the story of the rebellious citizen :)
maybe what is an eyesore to his neighbors is beautiful to him and vice versa!

very cool snowman!