Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas...

Merry Christmas to friends and family both far away and near!
Many of my blogger friends are posting pics of some of what they do to bring Christmas cheer indoors....I'm not nearly as elegant as many, but this is how we do it in my home...

You'll note that the two stockings on the left have less in them than the two on the right. That's because a certain lady (me) and her husband already ate some of their Christmas goodies before the kids got home! Bad Parents!



I hung all our Christmas cards on the back sliding glass door. It's 9:30 am and see how dark it still is outside? Got to love Alaska in the winter! On the right is my key holder with picture of our three dogs above. I keep my dog's collars when they are gone - that's Panda's on the left. See my cute grandbabies?!!! I'll have another one next year!

Our Christmas tree is small and fake and sits on the table because the dogs always got into it. This year there is only one dog, but I kept with tradition. On the right is my quilted tree banner made by a friend. Notice my classy binder clip that it hangs from? I am completely inept with decorations....just because I can draw tricks people into thinking I can decorate. I can't.

Christmas Mystery: I received a Priority Mail package yesterday, clearly addressed to me and inside was a single item. A $100 gift certificate to an online store called Journey. No information as to who sent it, or why. I had never even heard of the store. My son googled it and found out there is one in Anchorage but I have never been there. He said it's kind of a "skater" store so not the type of place I normally shop. I've been asking around to see if someone else ordered it and accidently gave my address or shipped it to my home so it would remain a surprise....it's really a mystery. No one I know knows anything about it. Maybe I won it in some kind of give-away? I'm a little afraid to use it in case someone claims it - I'll probably hold onto it for a few weeks and see if anyone comes forward.

10 comments:

A Lady's Life said...

Wonderful Pakart !!

You are a very nice family and everything is wonderful.:)

Anonymous said...

enjoy the holiday with your family!!

how is your knee feeling??

Rose

Mim said...

lovely decorations....and happy holidays to you P

Alicia said...

Maybe you're in some kind of twilight zone...if you use it someone will be badly injured ...or worse!

Lynn Cohen said...

What a funny mystery. Can you tell where it was purchased? Would the store know when they run it through their computer? Let us know. I can just see you with your new skate board!!! LOL For the snow perhaps!!!
Happy Holidays...♥

tainterturtles said...

I like your Christmas stockings.

Have a wonderful Christmas Patty.

Can't believe that darkness at 9:30 am!

Kellie said...

Nice decorations Patty. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Good luck with solving your mystery.

sukipoet said...

what a fun and funny mystery. hmmm. your decorations are just fine. Lovely and warm. wow, so dark at 9:30 am. Not sure i could handle that!! Anyway, have a lovely holiday.

Teri said...

It sure does look a lot like Christmas!! Thanks for a year of fun and art.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I think your decorations look charming. What ever makes you and yours happy makes me happy. :) It sounds like Santa was looking after you. Spend the gift card. Anything you get in the mail is yours.