Monday, June 21, 2010

If it ain't one thing it's another

Do you ever feel like you just can't win?!

Yesterday our toilet went "glurp, glurp, glub" while the shower was draining and we knew it was time to get our water lines cleaned out. This happens about every 3 years since we've lived here. There is a low spot in the water line somewhere near the street, but not in the street or the city would pay for it. We get sediment built up there. This happened AFTER sweetie took his shower, but BEFORE I got mine so I did a really quick rinse but didn't wash my hair.

We didn't want to call someone on a Sunday when rates would be higher, but also didn't want to go without water, toilet, and shower until Monday so we broke down and got it done. It was wonderful; I did laundry, washed dishes and Tim had a shower this morning and THEN....it plugged back up again! BEFORE my shower. So we got it to drain a little and I took a 3-minute shower. I called the company back and they came out after work today and re-did the whole thing at no cost to me. Seems to be working! I hope!

You don't know how much you miss modern conveniences until you have to do without.

8 comments:

tainterturtles said...

I love your new banner photo.

Every time we go camping, I'm happy to get back home to real plumbing and running water. I totally understand what you mean.

Washing up in a cool lake is nothing like taking a nice WARM shower.

Aunt Krissy said...

I like your new banner also, but I don't like the pink lettering. It does not show up very well. I did not know that you guys had that kind of plumbing problem. I bet you were stinky!

Becky from Alaska said...

I took your banner photo:) That was a fun time at the cabin! Can't wait to see you next week!

A Lady's Life said...

We never put anything into our septic tank and My Dad put in a rather large tank.and we are also careful with the water
Our neighbor used it like city water and drained the water for every one around. lol
Then she would come and use ours.
Life. lol

Kellie said...

Your new picture is great!!

Bummer about your line plugging up though. Glad you got it fixed with "no cost to you". Now really how often does that happen?

Anonymous said...

I like your new banner photo too. Good job Becky!
glad you are back in business with the water. Maybe you need an outhouse in your back yard? :-)

Rose

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I love your new header photo. What a life. I hate that you are having plumbing problems. What a pain.

BT said...

Oh Patty, I do know, I do. We have been without rain here for weeks now and our well has run dry. So, no water. Luckily our friend down the road does have water and we fill up lots of containers from their outside tap to keep us going, but I can't use my washing machine, shower or dishwasher. I hate it. We are having to have a new, deeper well drilled as ours was too shallow. AAAAH!