Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mountain Majesty


We've been getting snow - a couple more inches last night. (Update - I was sadly mistaken - we got 6+ inches of snow with another 8-10 predicted!) This is good for snowmobiling but not so good for those of us who are craving spring. Since I'm in both categories, I guess I'll be happy about it!

We leave this evening to take three kids and three dogs to the cabin. It's going to be fun but also crazy busy. Last time we just took two kids and I spent the whole time helping put boots, mittens, hats and snowpants on and off all day. In between all that I'll be making cocoa.

I did NOT finish MaryAnn's jacket so she will probably have to wear a sweatshirt or I'll just wrap a blanket around her. I got the blueline of my book, so I'm taking that with me to proof. When I told my husband I was taking the book to proof, the jacket to finish sewing, my watercolors to create a few more ABC ATC's (I'm behind - I didn't get G done yet), maybe draw/paint a postcard or two....it was about then that he told me "you sure are optimistic" which I think meant, "you crazy woman! You will never get all that done!"

That's me, eternally optimistic. Oh yeah, and I won't be here so see you all when I get back.

10 comments:

Linda Foley said...

Oh That is such a familiar sight! Wow! I often really miss it there. But hey, it is spring here!

Anonymous said...

have a great time! we are finally getting snow here in Kenai and in the hills. Had a great day of riding on Sunday and hope we have at least 3 or 4 more weekends.
Rose

Teri said...

That is a gorgeous view!
Sounds like a fun, busy weekend. Bring pictures back please.

Aunt Krissy said...

Have fun, poor MaryAnn, you must hate her.

Stay out of the trees!

Becky from Alaska said...

Oh Patty, I am optimistic too. I will bring six different subjects to work on while we are at the farm for instance, and I will hardly even touch one while we are there!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You go girl. Take the happy road with lots of possibilities. I always pack my paints and papers. I rarely use them but it feels liberating when I can have them along. I always have that possibility.

Mim said...

Have fun Patty - enjoy all that snow. We really got cheated this winter, barely any and we missed it.

tainterturtles said...

What a beautiful photo PA!

Have fun @ the cabin. Be sure to get some rest too.

Margaret Ann said...

Take in a deep breath of air from "God's Country" for me...Ahhh! Enjoy every second of your trip!

Kellie said...

Hope you get it all done plus some rest!