Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Moose - 2, Patty's Tree - 0

There's been a pesky moose hanging around our neighborhood.

This is a moose bed in my front yard. I came out the front door two mornings ago and was very startled when a moose scrambled to her feet just 15 feet away. I think she's slept here two nights now.
These are moose tracks, all swarming around my front yard and my May Day tree. (and a few kid tracks too)

These are the branches that my sweetie trimmed after the moose munched on my tree again and broke a bunch more branches.

At this rate my tree is going to be gone soon. And the moose will be fatter.

6 comments:

Mim said...

I guess I didn't know that moose ate trees. I think it's so funny to see a "moose bed" in your front yard - not something we'd see around here.

messyfish said...

Oh I think its cute...but thats because we dont have them.

Lisa said...

I know you're annoyed, but I find it amazing. We don't have meese around hear.

Aunt Krissy said...

Are you fatting them up for a reason? Are you going to be putting branches in the garage next? Near the frzr?

Teri C said...

Boy talk about bird feeders, er, moose feeders. lol. Still amazes me to think of moose in a yeard.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

How discouraging. The poor moose just want to live but so did your tree.