Friday, March 19, 2010

Artsy Friends

I appreciate all of you! If you've been following my blog for any length of time, I started out with mostly family/dog/cabin news. Then I met all these artist bloggers and my blog started to grow and change! I have so enjoyed the challenge and encouragement that has been provided through all of these new artist friends. Because of them I now sketch, paint and write more regularly than I ever have before. I am enjoying getting the art side of me back into my life. (I wonder if I joined a group that cleans houses if I would become a better housekeeper?)

It started with joining the Cactus Monday group. What a hoot! That's been a lot of fun! Then I joined an ABC ATC (artist trading cards) group where we create an ATC using letters of the alphabet and send them on to the next person on our group list. That means I get a fun ATC in the mail every week and soon will have 26 of them, from A to Z. Around that time I also joined the Drawing in Church blog where we all sneak our pens/pencils into church and draw pictures. After that I joined a Global Greetings group where we each send a creative postcard to other members in the group. The cards can be sewn, collaged, painted, drawn, whatever strikes our fancy. That has been fun too as I get all these cards in the mail.


One of my new friends, Peg, just sent this in the mail for no other reason than she was thinking of me! She made this bookmark for me because it reminded her of my new book coming out and she sent along with it a print of her ATC "Art in My Heart" design. I love them both! Thank you for thinking of me!

Here is the collection of postcards from my Global Greetings group that I've received so far - aren't they a lot of fun?! Some are sewn, some are stamped, collaged, painted, etc.


Thank you all! It has been so much fun to be included in this group. I promise to send some more postcards out this weekend. (I wonder what the postal carriers think of us?)

12 comments:

Teri said...

And WE have SO enjoyed having you play with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tainterturtles said...

It's been fun to see your blog grow, as well as your followers too. Good job PA! Love those post cards.

Margaret Ann said...

It has been a delight from day one to have "met" you Patty! Warm desert hugs to you! :)

Alicia said...

I wanna see some postcards that you did and your ABC ATC cards. Do you have them posted anywhere?

It's neat-o to see what the cool peeps in your group did. Ain't that sweet? My sister Patty makin new friends!!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Patty, it has been great getting to know you too. You are such a talented artist. I am glad you posted your postcards again. I don't think I saw the first one there. Or else I have slept since I saw it. Ha... I would be all for a house cleaning group. Nawww... I don't think it would matter. Cheers.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah.. Creative communities online. It sure beats living in the city to find like minded souls! I am glad you joined cactus Monday. So now I know you dnd all about your amzing life. It's great isn't it!

soulbrush said...

love the header, wow, beats living in a big city for sure, what beauty. talking of beauty, that is what your art has brought to us all, it is just GREAT knowing you and having you with our little 'gang'.

crochet lady said...

It is cool that you can have fun along with other artsy people in blog land.

Mim said...

You're a keeper Patty - no getting away from us now!!

Cathy said...

It is a good thing to connect with those with similar interests,being inspired and sharing. I enjoy seeing your art work, and those of your artsy friends, because it is so beyond me!

Becky from Alaska said...

That's really neat collection!!

A Lady's Life said...

This is truly great!
I love doing a lot of things as well and hate house work mainly because its not appreciated.
I wish to have my own room to work in but I don't so Things get started and then they are put on hold.
So far I did a lot of knitting of shawls and hats and scarves and sweaters and this makes me happy because the projects don't take long to do. The christmas throw I showed on my blog.I should do one for Easter and thanks giving etc...
Well I still have time.:)