Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snow Machine Adventure Part 2

Mt. McKinley (also called Denali)

The kids made it in the following morning before noon. We had smooth riding into the cabin. They were cold so I made soup for lunch and then the boys went to fetch water. There is a spring about a mile from the cabin so they loaded up our empty water jugs, snowmachined to the spring, filled our jugs and then returned with plenty of fresh water.
This is our snowmachine gang. That's Amy (Becky's sister) on the left, Tim in the red (my sweetie), Becky (my daughter-in-law) and then Travis (our son). I was riding double with Tim since we only have 4 machines.

Amy

Travis and Becky

Later that evening we went to Kenny Creek Lodge for pizza. They have several brain-teaser games sitting around and we had fun trying to get them all figured out.

I have to get ready for church. Travis and Becky are speaking today about their 3-month trip to Japan this past summer. I'll post more pics tomorrow.

4 comments:

Teri said...

It look awesome (despite the cold). I have always wanted to visit Denali (and Alaska) but I don't think it is ever going to happen. Such a beautiful place!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

This is another world to me. It looks like fun. Such a beautiful clear day to see Mt McKinley.

janice said...

Looks like a great trip. I love that part of our beautiful state!

You photo's are amazing - you have a real talent.

By the way, I am blogging again. Maybe not everyday but I am amazed at what comes out of my finger tips!

Blessings,

Margaret Ann said...

Gosh it looks c-c-cold!!!!
I can't believe how beautiful and clear the mountain is...Gosh I am so enjoying these pics! :)