Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Sketching


Meet Aimee. She's a young lady that looks very different from the picture I sketched! I feel like I'm losing my touch....it's so much easier to draw people with distinct features such as a large hooked nose, or muttonchop sideburns, or glasses. When they are young and smooth faced it's harder to figure out what distinguishes them from every other young lady in the room. It's good practice though - I'm reminding myself about lots of things I learned way back in my high school art classes. Perspective, reference points, shading, etc.

7 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

Better then a stick figure.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

She is a pretty young girl even if you don't like your sketch.

Anonymous said...

Patty - I'm thinking a good career for you would be to do the sketches in court rooms when they wont allow cameras in. You could work for a TV station? Wouldnt be too stressful? But, you'd have to probably hear things you wouldnt want to about some cases.
just a thought! I love your sketches.
Rose

tainterturtles said...

Hey, I think I know that woman! She looks like someone that comes into the library from time to time.

Nice drawing....don't worry. You are not loosing your touch.

Teri said...

I sent you another invitation and am so glad you asked as I didn't realize it expired. I love your church sketches.

I agree about distinctive features and I think young people are more difficult.

crochet lady said...

I think it is a great sketch as always. She looks reflective, she must have been paying attention to the sermon.

soulbrush said...

well i think your sketch of aimee is excellent, soo hard to do faces, you go girl go.