Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I haven't been doing as many ATC trades as I want and have just been too busy to get anything drawn or put in the mail...my apologies to those of you who have been waiting for me to get myself over to the post office! Even though I lack energy, my blogger friends do not. I received two ATC envelopes in the mail this week!

These two cards come from Margaret - I always admire her fine detail work and the beautiful colors chosen. I have traded with her a few times and am always inspired by her art! It's hard to tell from the photo, but the pumpkin ATC has shimmery gold highlights throughout. I loved the dragonfly at first look and thought about getting it for my sister who collects dragonfly art, but now that I've gotten it in hand, I think not. I'm keeping it!

These two come from Joss in London! We each chose a card the other had made and then threw in a second for good luck. When I opened her envelope it was like confetti - lots of little goodies to help me create more art; pieces of paper, felt, pages from books, etc. I'm still pondering how to use them since I've not worked much in collage but think it looks like fun. The first is titled "Ellies" and the second is "Buffalo Bill". Much of her art depicts life in Africa where she used to live. I love her art which always seems to have a raw energy and picasso-like qualities.
Thank you Margaret and Joss!

4 comments:

tainterturtles said...

The ACT's you received in the mail are great. I love the hidden talent that is out there. We are seeing the hidden talents on your blog PA!!! Thanks for sharing with us.

Aunt Krissy said...

I really really like that dragonfly.

I'm all sad and alone here in WI. Nobody loves me and I'm all alone. A dragonfly card would make me feel a little bit better.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Wonderful treasures.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

WOW- If you come to DC call me on 301.442.9894.

SO excited and the plane has even boarded yet (LOL)

Love and hugs!
PS. I love to collect fridge magnets. Bring me one and I treasure it forever!

XOXOXO Free Spirit!