Sunday, July 19, 2009

Paper Cutting


I've been working on more ATC's over the past few days. I decided to create a few scherrenschnitte (paper cutting) designs. I used heavy craft paper and mounted it on homemade paper from Twisp, WA made by K. Bown. I received the homemade paper cards as a gift about 10 years ago, and have only used them once. Until I started making ATC's.
I cut the paper into several 3.5 x 2.5 shapes and now have several backings for my artwork. I love this paper and wish I could find more, but I'm not sure if K. Bown is still making it. I tried to google her and only found her name listed in some documents that didn't pertain to art.
The paper is made from junk mail and local plants. On some pieces you can see tiny letters showing through.

5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Wow, these are outstanding.

Margaret Ann said...

I just put my two cents in on your Flickr page...Is leaf #2 spoken for???...Also circle design Zentangle??? Amazing work Patty...the paper cutting is outstanding!!! :)

tainterturtles said...

Very nice PA!

Cathy said...

Outstanding! I wish you lived close enough so I could just sit in a corner and watch you create these works of art.

Thank you for all your comments to my blog. Every single one is immensely appreciated.

crochet lady said...

I really like all of those. I think my favorite is the brown bird and birdhouse one on the left. I haven't worked on any yet, I'm too busy with jewelry making right now, but soon.