Thursday, July 2, 2009

My day

Our new Mayor started yesterday. Today he put into place a hiring freeze which greatly affects me. My receptionist had just announced a day ago that she had accepted a new job and gave me a two week notice. I sent a request to city hall to start the process to hire a new one. Then the freeze hit and now I am not allowed to hire. That means I will be one person short (in a 4 person group). Only two days in and he is directly affecting my office.

Sweetie got home from the cabin. I really wish he had taken the camera because Panda ended up playing with an otter in the lake. He said they swam around together for almost half an hour. Panda swam after it, the otter would dive and pop up somewhere else. Panda would swim there and the otter would dive again. Over and over.

He took the dogs for a boat ride. Roxy fell in the lake because she was hanging out over the bow of the boat so far and lost her balance. He made her swim for awhile before pulling her back into the boat. She will hopefully be more careful in the future. Maryann almost fell in. He said at one point she was balancing with three paws on the boat rim and only one foot in the boat.

I'm still not hurting from the fender bender yesterday. The insurance company set me up to get an estimate on Monday and then will pay for the repairs. As far as accidents go, this hasn't been bad so far.

I stayed up till midnight last night because I hate going to bed when my sweetie is not home. I'm afraid of the dark (don't tell anyone!) and worry about ax murderers. I know it's silly but there you have it! We are going to bed early - by 8:00 pm. Sheez! We are turning into old fogies.

7 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

Knock knock, Whos there? The ax killer come to get you! Haaaaaaa haaaaaa.

Mim said...

Hi there, thanks for visiting - hey, your blog is great and I love your ATC's! Always up for a trade - mine show in a slide show on the right hand side.

Unknown said...

omg! I am terrified of axe murderers too! I just moved to the country, and when the dog barks, I go outside in the dark and look around...just like they do in the scary movies before they get killed. I dont know what compels me. In the city, I would freeze and hide in the bed, and the city is where my neighbours would save me. No neighbours here, and out I wander...
Love your blog, and you live in such an amazing place...My husband went there a few years ago.

crochet lady said...

That was cool that your pup got to play with an otter. You would think the otter would have been afraid.

I don't like going to bed when my guy isn't home either. It's really bad when all three of my men are gone. Then Ginger ususally gets to sleep at the end of my bed.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

My SIL is 83 years old and still sleeps with a night light. You aren't alone. I am always a little uneasy when my DB is out of town too.

tainterturtles said...

Wow, an Otter? That is so cool. I just saw on one of the morning shows that they make doggy life-jackets so your dog doesn't have problems in the water. Maybe your doggies will need something like that!

You'll feel so much better when Tim comes home. Tim's a good hubby.

K. said...

Ha! When R is gone on overnight trips, I usually sleep with the TV on or a nightlight. Because THAT will save me from ax murderers. :P