Friday, July 17, 2009

At the Cabin



Tim just got back from the cabin yesterday afternoon. While there he took some pictures for me and you all. This is fireweed seen from the front porch of the cabin.
This is the start of our property. Tim said the fireweed are about 7' to 8' tall in this area. That's my lovely dog, Panda.



These are Cloud berries. They are rare and need a warm, sunny and dry season to grow well. There are tons of them this year.


The blueberries are looking good too. Maybe we'll have blueberry pancakes when I get to go out.

This is the dinner bell I bought when I was in Homer a few weeks ago. This is not the final posting place, but he hung it up so I could see it. Next time I go out I will ring the bell when dinner is ready and he'll come a-runnin'. He's always hungry.

6 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

Hey, you can sell the cloud berries and make some money that way. You still have that guys card?
The fireweed looks nice.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Wow Fireweed is gorgeous. The bell is useful item to have out there no doubt.

Carolina Elizabeth said...

Those are beautiful photos. I wish I had more time to garden. I have a very small "garden" but it is a mess because I want to stuff every type of flower in a 6'x2' space.

Margaret Ann said...

I'd come a runnin toofor those yummy blueberries!!!! That fireweed is humongus!!!! I have never seen it that tall! How glorious!!!!!! What a slice of paradise you live in! :)

Cathy said...

Your blueberries look humongous in that photo......are they in fact larger than the average blueberry?

PAK ART said...

Our blueberries, are in fact, smaller than the ones we can buy in the store that come from Oregon or Washington. They are pretty yummy though if you like berries.