Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Moon

Psalms 8: 3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place. (4) What are mere mortals that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?
Whenever I see the moon like this I'm reminded of the scene in the movie Joe Versus the Volcano where Tom Hanks is near death on the raft in the middle of the ocean. It's night and he's looking up at a HUGE full moon and says "Dear God, whose name I do not know - Thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG....thank you. Thank you for my life."

5 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

I know that movie is one that you and Tim really like. I have never seen it.ever

tainterturtles said...

I never saw that movie either. Nice moon pictures. Thanks for sharing the Psalms verse.

PAK ART said...

Kris & TT - You've got to see it. It's like the Princess Bride - goofy, but it just gets better each time. You'll never work under flickering fluorescent bulbs again.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I love the moon. When I'm driving I like when it follows me and I struggle between keeping my eye on the road or staring at it. It reminds me of GOD and how he can just place it there (with no strings attached) (smile)

Haven't seen the movie and will put it on my list of must sees.

Really nice pictures.
Love, peace and blessings.
The butterfly

crochet lady said...

I like looking at the moon. You captured it well. It is hard to photograph. I like it when it is full and you can see the 'man in the moon' face. It always reminds me of some special picture books and nursery rhyme books that my mom read to me as a small child. And the moon reminds me how small I am, my issues, my problems and how big God is.

I don't think I have seen that movie either. Sounds familiar though.