Saturday, November 29, 2008

Eeny Meeny Miney Moose

While I was out yesterday taking pictures of Anchorage, I happened to spot moose three different times but was only able to take pictures of two. The one I couldn't get a picture of crossed the road right behind me.
As I was driving home from Point Woronzoff, there were three bulls on the side of the road munching on willow branches. One of the bulls had already dropped one of his antlers - he looked very lopsided with only one antler. They were on the other side of the road and up a small hill.
After taking 10 or so pictures I decided to leave, when I spotted this young cow moose about 1/2 mile down on the other side of the road. I stopped to take her picture too; she was more interested in eating than paying attention to me.

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Great moose pictures! Your seeing moose is like us seeing white-tailed deer. I've never seen a moose. Maybe one of these days I'll get the chance.

Aunt Krissy said...

I miss moose! I see dark shapes and I think "oh a moose" but tis not, just a tree