Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Computers. Love 'em or Hate 'em

I've had a rather frustrating last couple of days dealing with our computer. We've accumulated some viruses (why do people create stuff that hurts other people? What's the point?) and were having some problems with our computer. So, since we didn't have any computer virus protection, I subscribed to Norton Antivirus and had it downloaded. It found 9 major problems and fixed them. I was ecstatic. I did this all without the help of my computer-literate son who normally fixes all our problems.

Next day. Computer is so slow that screen keeps freezing and takes about 1 to 2 minutes to go from one page to another. Can hardly open our emails. It was a mess! I tried to go online with Norton for help, but the system was so bogged down that I was unable to even send email. Today I planned to remove the Norton program (since it's already cleaned up my viruses) and see if that was the problem.

Today. Got home from work all ready to figure out how to fix this problem. Even sent an email to son asking him if GHz or MHz is bigger. That's how computer ILLITERATE I am! Get home and lo and behold, computer seems to be working better. How is that possible? What does it mean?

It leaves me feeling like an idiot because it appears to have fixed itself! And that's not possible. So today I love my computer because it is acting better, but hate it because it plays little games with me and tricks me.

No comments: