Sunday, August 24, 2008

Alaska State Fair





I went to the Alaska State Fair yesterday with my mom, sister and nephew JoJo. The sky was overcast the whole day and even (you guessed it!) rained off and on. Mom wore her raincoat, Kathy was cold and JoJo had fun anyways. We got there early so didn't have to wait in long lines for the rides which was really great. I was only delegated to line space saver once.

We all split up twice so that we could fulfill our own interests. I looked at the arts & crafts building, 4-H building and the quilts/canned/baked goods building. Mom went to her garden tour and Kathy stood in line for more rides with JoJo.

The ride home was an hour long knock, knock joke fest (JoJo likes to make them up as he goes along!) and discussion of different "superheroes" movies. It was a fun day and I was glad I went.

2 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

I miss the AK state fair! I wish I was there to go with you! I think that this week Aunt Donna and I are going to go to the MN state fair in MSP, that should be fun

PAK ART said...

I miss you too. I think we are both planning to come down as soon as AK Airlines flies in to MPLS.