Monday, February 7, 2011

Cactus Monday

Peter Piper picked a peck of prickly pears....


As you can probably tell, I don't spend a lot of time painting my cactus Monday pictures. They are quick - I spend more time thinking up a picture than actually drawing and painting it. So imagine my surprise when two weeks in a row I've had to re-think my ideas! Last week when I painted the three men in a tub, one of the comments and my own husband both pointed out that the men are usually in a tub that has NO WATER in it, and floating in a body of water. So I googled it and yep, they are correct. However I choose to interpret these nursery rhymes in whatever way fits the image in my mind. But last night I have to admit I had a pic of Peter Piper with several saguaro AND prickly pear cactus when my husband pointed out the difference and even showed me on the internet how people actually EAT prickly pears, but not the whole cactus. Silly me! I was born and raised in AK and even though I've spent some time outside, I don't really have a clear picture of the different types of cactus or what they might be used for. So bear with me! My cactus may not be technically correct or painted well, but they do show some insight into my twisted little mind.

10 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

Well, how are you to know that a "tub" is a word for a thing that floats in the water? A tub is what you take a bath in! I like your twisted mind.

Cris, Artist in Oregon said...

Hey it works for me!!! Just call it Artistic License. :)

Lynn Cohen said...

Could a fooled me both times!!! LOL

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You are an artist. You can draw the world as you see it. I like your twisted rhymes.

A Lady's Life said...

lol I don't know . Maybe the tub was empty and the waves washed some water in lol Happens all the time lol

Teri said...

Yup, artist's license. I love your interpretations!! I love this Peter Piper one-so cute and clever.

❤HCM❤

tainterturtles said...

I love this cactus picture too...they are all wonderful.

Alicia said...

huh...? whats with the 3 men in a tub? I've always thought it was 3 grown men taking a bath in a tub. Seems like it would be crowded and weird to say the least...but how exactly is it supposed to be?

Kellie said...

Twisted mind? I like all you cactus pictures, I don't care if they are "correct" or not. They are always fun :)

marianne said...

If it is realistic or not I think those paintings are fun!
And they proof you are a great illustrator.
If you let reason in half the fun is out!

have a nice day!
Thanks for all your wonderful comments on my mandala in steps Patty. It was fun doing it and fun reading the comments!